News and Announcements
We hope you are enjoying the baseball season as much as we are. As we said at the beginning of the season we will be finishing our season by the 24th of July. The last week of the schedule will be for the tournaments or in the case of a couple of lower levels some additional games. The attached schedule will give you an idea of the schedule for the last week. These games will be added to your teampages schedules once the seeding has been set.
Thanks for your support!
Tryouts for the 2021 Jr. Rockets baseball and softball teams are right around the corner. More details will be posted shortly.
Any questions please contact Brian Karpinski – firstname.lastname@example.org
SM Jr. Rockets
Dear SMLL families,
As you are aware, the South Milwaukee Little League Board made the decision to play the 2020 season without fee to our members and without requiring our families to complete any fundraisers during this shortened season. Running a league of our size and caliber does not come without costs, however, so the board has made the decision to raise funds in a different manner.
Additionally, the board also feels that the community should benefit from our league in more ways than the many benefits our children (and adults) receive from baseball or softball. Therefore, a portion of our fundraising will be donated to human concerns to help ensure that the we are providing for those in our community who are most in need, especially while we all work, as a community, to get back to normal during and after this pandemic.
No family is required to be a part of any of the fundraisers but we wanted you to be aware of the following opportunities:
1. Round-up at the concession Stand – you can round up (or add a Donation to) any purchase made in our concession stand. A portion of these donations will go to South Milwaukee Human Concerns to help provide for those in our community who are in need of assistance.
2. Season Long 50/50 raffle – Each night at the park, over the next several weeks, board members will be selling 50/50 raffle tickets. These raffle tickets will be sold throughout the remainder of the season and a winner will be chosen on Championship Thursday (please watch for exact date). You do not need to be in attendance to win. The current value of the raffle will be posted on the screens found around the park. Tickets will be sold at the following prices: 1 ticket- 2 dollars 3 tickets – 5 dollars
3. Play it Again Little League – Most Little League parents know that our children outgrow their little league equipment many times in one or two seasons. For any of those items that your kids have used and outgrown, please consider donating them to the league. Our equipment directors will collect any of your slightly used baseball and softball equipment. The items will then be placed for sale throughout the year and at our many events. Please watch for more details.
4. South Milwaukee Little League is organized under section 501©3 as a non-profit organization under Federal law. This means that you are able to deduct donations to the league from your taxes. On your 2020 tax returns, Federal Law will allow up to 300 dollars to be deducted from your taxes even if you do not itemize your deductions on your tax returns. (Please speak with your tax advisor on your specific tax situation)
5. We understand that this time has been difficult for many in our community. If this time has left you with the opportunity to give and you choose to do so, we would like to thank you in advance for your generosity and your continued support of our mission and our community.
Lastly, please consider volunteering in the concession stand, helping sell raffle tickets, maintaining the fields, or selling the “play it again” Merchandise. Once more, we are grateful to everyone of you for being a part of our league and for the just over 65 years of your help making Little League such a great league for all of our children.
Question or concerns can be directed to email@example.com
or directly to any member of our board of directors.
South Milwaukee Little League Board of Directors
We have scheduled a picture day on July 16th. Each child will have an individual picture taken and then a waist up shot which will be used to digitally create a team picture. VIP, our picture vendor, will be contacting you by email on how to order pictures through an online process this year -there will be no paper.
All pictures will be taken on diamond #3 – the schedule is as follows:
5:00pm – Big Macs & Golden Arches
5:10pm – Shakes & Small Fries
5:20pm – Bulls & Scrappers
5:30pm – A’s & Blue Jays
5:40pm – Phillies & Rockies
5:50pm – DiamondBacks & Indians
6:00pm – Thunder & RockHounds
6:10pm – Softball Brewers & Softball Cardinals
6:20pm – Orioles & White Sox
6:30pm – Baseball Cardinals & Pirates
6:40pm – Royals & Yankees
6:50pm – Iron Pigs & Storm
7:00pm – Emeralds & MudCats
7:10pm – Baseball Brewers & Giants
7:20pm – Nationals & Rangers
7:30pm – Dodgers & Reds
Please show up 10 minutes before your scheduled picture time.
Any questions please contact Sarah Nowak- firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for your support.
It is exciting to finally see our season underway! Empty fields once again filling with players, and our empty park filling with great, summer energy.
But we need your help filling the empty bellies of our hungry fans and players! Please help out by volunteering for a shift or two at our concession stand this season.
Our concession stand is safe, sanitized and we are only selling pre-packaged snacks and drinks this year.
As always, thank you in advance. Your time and effort as a volunteer create lasting memories for our children and our community.