News and Announcements
Here are some reminders about a few upcoming dates as we get ready for opening day.
- During our practice on Monday, 5/1, we’ll plan to run an informal scrimmage with the Orioles. Hopefully the weather will permit so we can get some game-like action before the season starts.
- I’ve added a couple practices to the schedule for this week. We’ll plan to use the field nearest to the Blakewood Elementary school parking lot, or can move into the open field next to it if the baseball field is occupied.
- I’ll hand out the jerseys at the end of our next practice (hopefully tomorrow). Hats will be handed out at pictures next weekend.
- Our team pictures will be at 9AM on Saturday, 5/6, on the 1st base side of diamond 1 at LL field. Plan to be there 15 minutes early to get ready. I’ll hand out the picture forms at our next practice too. The opening day ceremonies will take place later on Saturday, starting with the parade. We’ll all need to arrive at Papa Luigi’s at 11:30. The parent information packet has the rest of the details for the day.
- Reminder to sign-up to volunteer at the concession stand. Details are in the parent packet as well, but our team days for volunteering are on May 25 and June 21.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
I wanted to follow-up the voice messages I left everyone last week for a few more pieces of information about the upcoming season for the AAA Rays. Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions through the web site.
- The recommended pant color for the team is grey and the recommended sock color is navy blue.
- Please let me know if any parents are interested in coaching, as we could use a couple more.
- Little League (national) is in the process of issuing new requirements for Bats and old bats will not be allowed starting next year. The bats which will be allowed for next season will not be available until October so don’t spend a lot of money on a bat as they will only get one year of use from it.
- All little leaguers are required to have their own helmet. They can be purchased at most sporting goods stores or through the league for $20 each.
- If your son is interested in catching this year, make sure to have a cup for protection or he won’t be allowed to catch.
- I’ll be adding our practice schedule to the team pages site in the near future. We’re scheduled to have three practices during the first week of April with the first one being on April 4 at 5PM.
- One more reminder about the parents meeting coming up on March 28 at 8PM in the gym at Zion School.