Notes and Reminders
A few notes and reminders for the Reds as we start-up the season…
Upcoming dates (most of these are on the LL Team Pages calendar):
- Candy bar pick-up is 4/18 3:30-5:00pm or 4/28 10:30am-12:00
- The parade to kick-off the season will be Saturday, May 5 at Noon. Players will need to arrive at 11:45am.
- Our team pictures are scheduled for Saturday, May 5, at 8:40am on LL Diamond 1, 1st base side. Everyone should be there 15 minutes early.
- Practice with the Rockets is scheduled for June 13 and is a great event for the kids, if you’re interested. Sign-up information is available on the LL home page.
Notes for the season:
- Hats and shirts will be provided by the team, but the recommended pant color is black and the recommended sock color is red.
- There is a new bat standard this year that requires the USA Baseball seal on it to be legal for game play.
- Each player is required to have their own batting helmet. You can find good prices online, at Dunham’s/Dick’s, or they can be purchased for $20 from the league at the concession stand.
- If your son is interested in catching this year, make sure to have a protective cup or he won’t be allowed to catch.
Let me know if you have further questions on any of these topics or anything else.