News and Announcements
We have upped our raffle game, and we are giving away several amazing prizes this year, including: a Yeti cooler, a 70” smart TV, cash, meat, and many other prizes!
Proceeds for all raffles/drawings go towards improving our Little League facilities.
There are several raffle options, so be sure to specify which raffles you want to enter when purchasing tickets at the concessions stand.
Prize Raffles: $10 a ticket, $25 for 3 tickets
- Yeti Cooler (white tickets)
- LG 65” Smart TV (orange tickets)
- Gift Card Tree (yellow tickets)
- Winners for these prizes will be drawn on July 22.
50/50 Raffle (green tickets): $2 a ticket, $5 for 3 tickets, $20 for 30 tickets
- Win 50% of the total raised from this raffle. Last year’s winner took home over $2,100!
- Winner will be drawn on July 22.
Weekly Meat Raffle (blue tickets): $5 a ticket, $10 for 3 tickets
- Win a package of select cuts of meat. Winners are drawn weekly at 7:30pm.
- Meat items change each drawing; details are posted at the concession stand.
Card Drawing: $10 a card, 52 cards in the drawing
- Win a large wooden welcome sign, Rockets deck cooler, or Rockets cornhole/bags set.
- Winners (cards) will be drawn 4 times throughout the season. Prize changes weekly; details are posted at the concession stand.
2nd Chance Drawing
ALL losing tickets from each raffle will be put into a drawing for a free 2022 little league registration fee. The number of winners will be determined by how many raffle tickets we sell throughout the 2021 season. NO ADDITIONAL COSTS for second chance drawing.
Tickets for all raffles will be on sale at the concession stand. Cash only.
You do NOT need to be present to win. Winners will be notified by phone if not present at time of drawing.
Thank you for supporting SMLL, and good luck!
Opening day is finally here!
We are so excited to kick off our 67th season of Little League play. Tomorrow will be a great day full of fun events, opening ceremonies, and baseball and softball games throughout the day, from every level of play.
Find the parade route and opening day schedule of events below, in the Parent Packet, and on our website.
Opening Day Schedule
- 9:30 — Teams Begin Assembling for Parade – Zion Lutheran Church parking lot (9th and Madison)
- 10:00am — Parade Begins – Zion Church parking lot to SMLL Park (see parade route below)
- 11:00am — Opening Ceremonies at SMLL Park (Diamond #1)
- 11:15am — Opening Day Games Begin
- All participants in the parade including coaches and players must wear a mask.
- Please meet in Zion Lutheran Church parking lot (9th and Madison) by 9:45am. The parade will begin at 10:00am.
- Remind your player that he/she is to stay with his/her team, and that running around and distracting others is not acceptable.
- Your player will be under the supervision of his/her coaches from the time you drop him/her at Zion Church parking lot, throughout the parade, and during the Opening Ceremonies at SMLL Park that immediately follow the parade.
- Find a place on the parade route to cheer on your player and then head to SMLL Park for the Opening Ceremonies!
- Players will be released to families at SMLL Park following the Opening Ceremonies.
- Begin a 9th and Madison.
- South on 9th Ave to Drexel Ave.
- East on Drexel to Little League Complex
Head on over to Deliciousness
Our concessions stand will be open all day, and is stocked with a great food, snack and drink menu. Hot dogs, burgers, and grilled items are also back. Be sure to stop by and grab something delicious!
Volunteers shifts are also still available. Shifts are only 2 hours long and will go towards fulfilling the volunteer deposit requirement. Sign up for a shift – family members can also help out (must be at least 16 years of age). https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0a4caea72ca3fa7-concessions2
SMLL Opening Day is, by far, one of the most exciting days, and not just for the kids. Let’s make it a memorable one!!
For those that ordered SMLL or Jr Rockets merchandise from the Team Store back in April, your orders are in!
You can pick them up tomorrow at the park, during picture day. We will have some tables set up by the office.
If you are unable to pick up your items tomorrow, we will have another pick-up date available (TBD).
Get your game faces ready, picture day is here!
Below is the schedule for picture day – Thursday, May 6th. Please use your child’s team to find the correct time and location.
DIAMOND #1: Baseball
1st Base Side
- INT BB: Dodgers & Brewers — 4:30pm
- JUNIORS BB: Twins & Reds & Cubs — 5:00pm
- AA BB: Thunder & Iron Pigs — 5:20pm
- AA BB: Blue Rocks & Mud Cats — 5:35pm
- AAA BB: Hooks & Rock Hounds — 5:50pm
- AAA BB: Red Wings & Lug Nuts — 6:05pm
- AAA BB: Scrappers — 6:20pm
- MAJ BB: Marlins & Yankees — 6:35pm
- MAJ BB: Orioles & Royals — 6:50pm
- MAJ BB: A’s & Angels — 7:05pm
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS — 7:20PM
DIAMOND #2: Rookies & Softball & INT BB (Rockies, Phillies only)
1st base Side
- INT BB: Rockies & Phillies – (Intermediate Baseball) — 4:30pm
- JUNIORS SB: Rockies & Brewers — 5:00pm
- ROOKIES: Shakes & Cheeseburgers — 5:15pm
- ROOKIES: Big Macs & Small Fries — 5:30pm
- ROOKIES: Golden Arches & Mc Flurries — 5:45pm
- AA SB: Bulls & Emeralds— 6:00pm
- AA SB: Storm – AA & Grasshoppers. — 6:15pm
- AAA SB: Iron Birds & Muck Dogs — 6:30pm
- AAA SB: Blue Jays — 6:45pm
- MAJ SB: River Dogs — 6:45pm
- MAJ SB: Angels — 7:00pm
- VIP Photography will be contacting parents via email with ordering instructions. The primary guardian email provided during registration will be used.
Picture Day Tips:
We want to capture each player’s personality and spirit. To help make sure that happens, follow these tips to a great photo:
- Get a full night’s rest
- Show up on time – athletes look more relaxed if they’re not in a rush
- Bring all sporting equipment
- Wear full uniforms – clean uniforms look best
We look forward to picture day and the start of a great 2021 season!
Thank you in advance for volunteering for the South Milwaukee Little League program. The Concession Stand is an important source of revenue for the organization. It helps keep registration costs down and pays for improvements to the facilities and fields, as well as creates a great destination for the community throughout summer.
Your volunteerism also sets a great example for our young players. We hope that you enjoy your time volunteering – and thank you!
Please use the following links to sign up for volunteer shifts. Bring the Volunteer Form with you for each shift.
- Volunteer Sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0A4CAEA72CA3FA7-concessions2
- Volunteer Hours Form: http://southmilwaukeell.org/organizations/555/documents/538552
For working in the back with food you must be at least 16 years of age.
For handling cash you must be at least 18 years of age.
Families are required to complete three “shifts” per family (two hours of grounds work, concession stand, scorekeeping or umpiring), in order to have the volunteer deposit returned. At least TWO of those shifts must be at the concession stand. Masks are optional while working in the stand.
If you have a special skill that you are willing to offer in lieu of a concession stand shift, such as electrical work, plumbing, carpentry, etc. please contact SMLL President Sarah Nowak, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tracking Volunteer Shifts
Use the Volunteer Form to track and receive credit for your volunteer shifts. At the end of each volunteer shift, find a SMLL board member to sign your form. Several board members are at the Park each evening. A list of board members can be found on our website.
Once you have completed three volunteer shifts, be sure to do one of the following:
- Mail your form to SMLL, Attn: Treasurer, PO Box 11, South Milwaukee 53172
- Or, email it to email@example.com
- Or, hand your form to a SMLL board member at the Park.
If you choose to mail your form, be sure to retain a copy for your records. Upon completion of the volunteer requirements, the volunteer deposits will be mailed to the address used during registration.
Thank you for supporting a great season!