Opening Day & Parade Details
Opening day is finally here!
We are so excited to kick off our 67th season of Little League play. Tomorrow will be a great day full of fun events, opening ceremonies, and baseball and softball games throughout the day, from every level of play.
Find the parade route and opening day schedule of events below, in the Parent Packet, and on our website.
Opening Day Schedule
- 9:30 — Teams Begin Assembling for Parade – Zion Lutheran Church parking lot (9th and Madison)
- 10:00am — Parade Begins – Zion Church parking lot to SMLL Park (see parade route below)
- 11:00am — Opening Ceremonies at SMLL Park (Diamond #1)
- 11:15am — Opening Day Games Begin
- All participants in the parade including coaches and players must wear a mask.
- Please meet in Zion Lutheran Church parking lot (9th and Madison) by 9:45am. The parade will begin at 10:00am.
- Remind your player that he/she is to stay with his/her team, and that running around and distracting others is not acceptable.
- Your player will be under the supervision of his/her coaches from the time you drop him/her at Zion Church parking lot, throughout the parade, and during the Opening Ceremonies at SMLL Park that immediately follow the parade.
- Find a place on the parade route to cheer on your player and then head to SMLL Park for the Opening Ceremonies!
- Players will be released to families at SMLL Park following the Opening Ceremonies.
- Begin a 9th and Madison.
- South on 9th Ave to Drexel Ave.
- East on Drexel to Little League Complex
Head on over to Deliciousness
Our concessions stand will be open all day, and is stocked with a great food, snack and drink menu. Hot dogs, burgers, and grilled items are also back. Be sure to stop by and grab something delicious!
Volunteers shifts are also still available. Shifts are only 2 hours long and will go towards fulfilling the volunteer deposit requirement. Sign up for a shift – family members can also help out (must be at least 16 years of age). https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0a4caea72ca3fa7-concessions2
SMLL Opening Day is, by far, one of the most exciting days, and not just for the kids. Let’s make it a memorable one!!